Acoustic route guidance for bicycles in cities
-
I am using Mapy for bicycle routes, primarily in Vienna. I am satisfied with the routing itself, but the audio guide could be improved. For example, it often asks to “turn right” (or left) on a straight path.
I guess this is due to the routes themselves not drawn perfectly straight, and the guide picking up every edge of the track.
I think the acoustic routing could be dramatically improved using some sort of “lowpass filter” that rejects the very small edges of the route.I understand that acoustic route guidance may be difficult in general, as actually no one does it right (also not gmaps). But in a city, if you have no mount for your phone, it can get really annoying when having to look on the screen periodically.
So maybe this would be a point for Mapy to stand out from others
-
@pheidrick Hello,
thank you for the detailed feedback and for the suggestion. The issue you describe can sometimes be caused by the underlying route data – for example, when a route is not drawn completely straight or when it slightly switches between a pavement and a road.
Could you please send us a direct link to one of the routes where this happens? We can then take a look at it in the itinerary and check what might be causing the unnecessary turn instructions.
Thank you!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login